Come and enjoy a lifestyle in a sunny coastal climate with exceptional natural beauty amidst vineyards, islands, beaches and several national parks.
The Nelson Clinic offers a competitive salary with excellent peer and and administrative support in a multidisciplinary team environment, including psychologists, psychiatrists, psychotherapists, counsellors, and social workers. We also offer continued professional development funding, IT equipment/support, flexible hours, furnished offices, APC and RANZCP refunds.
COVID-19 Vaccination: Please note that workers in health roles and settings must be fully vaccinated by 1 January 2022.
The Nelson Clinic is seeking an experienced consultant psychiatrist to join our team, for part-time employment in a salaried capacity (minimum 0.4 FTE).
This position is based in Nelson.
This is a specialised role involving general clinical mental health assessments, ACC Mental Injury Assessments and ISSC Supported Assessments.
Prior experience in the ACC context is preferred, though not required and we will provide comprehensive support and supervision to extend professional development and interests. You’ll have the opportunity to work within a trauma informed care paradigm and with a wide range of clients and clinical presentations.
Current registration with the Medial Council of New Zealand and full membership of RANZCP. If based abroad, eligibility for such registration and membership is required. Permanent Residency or a suitable Work Visa should be obtained through Immigration New Zealand prior to submitting application for this role. At least three years post-registration experience working with adults in clinical settings is preferred.
Apply to Join our Team
Nationwide Contracting Opportunities
We are seeking qualified and experienced providers from throughout New Zealand to join us in providing assessment, treatment, and intervention to clients on ACC contracts as well as private referrals.
Our team includes psychiatrists, psychologists and neuropsychologists, psychotherapists, counsellors, art therapists and social workers. We value developing a sense of connection and support within our team and thus offer peer supervision and opportunities for inter-disciplinary discussion and continued professional development.
We specialize in mental health challenges across diverse contexts, including:
- ACC Integrated Services for Sensitive Claims (ISSC)
- ACC Psychological Services (PSA)
- ACC Neuropsychological Services (NASA)
- ACC Clinical Psychiatric Services (CPSA)
- ACC Impairment Assessment Services (IMPA)
- Insurance Sector Services
- Medico-Legal Services
- Private Pay Services
- A flexible and supportive working environment
- Comprehensive administrative support
- Monthly clinical peer supervision
- Organisational induction and a range of resources and tools to assist in streamlining clinical work
- Full training and access to our custom-developed client management system
- Contract pay rate – 90% of billed services
- Weekly payments
- Assistance in becoming registered with ACC
- Current APC
- NZ registration and membership with the relevant professional board/association
- Indemnity Insurance